3.1.15

2014 RECAP // MAKE - UP + NAIL ART {part 1}

As 2014 has come to a close, I've decided to take a look back at all the best trends of the year. There were so many! Over the next few posts I will be talking about and discussing my favourite looks of 2014... so stay tuned for that! Here are my top make-up trends:

The Orange lip
From bright neon to pale corals, the orange lip was massive. Although I was never brave enough to go bright orange, I still loved the pinky coral shade. They key to this trend was which colours perfectly complemented your skin tone.


Left to Right: Emma Watson, Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Alba

Best lip products:
2. MAC
3. Revlon


A Golden Glow
As the world is becoming more aware of the risks of tanning, the beauty world has taken a step in the right direction - faking the bronzed glow. Whether that's bronzer, body shimmer or a tanning lotion - there's options for everyone.


Left to Right: Blake Lively, Hayden Panettiere, Jennifer Lawrence

Products I love:


The Boy-Brow
Cara Delevingne and Lily Collins are the leaders of this trend (well in my opinion anyways) and it has taken the world by storm. Say goodbye to thin arched brows, because they won't be coming back for a while.


Left to Right: Cara Delevingne, Lily Collins

Best Brow shapers/groomers:


And my favourite nail trends:

Au Naturel 
What I love about the nude colour trend is that it looks very professional, sleek, and goes with everything. The colours range from brown tones to pinky shades, which means that there is a colour to suit everybody's skin tone (because after all, your skin colour is actually 'nude').


Left to Right: Olivia Wilde, Jennifer Lawrence

My favourite colours:


Midnight Muse
Dark shades such as plum, burgundy and navy blue were seriously on trend this year, and for a good reason - they're gorgeous!


Left to Right: Rhianna, Kylie Jenner, Demi Lovato

Some awesome shades:


I hope you enjoyed this style of post - comment bellow if you liked it and want to see more! Also, what were your favourite trends from 2014?

Bridget xx

P.S. I have made a facebook page and would really appriciate it if you could go over and give it a 'thumbs up'! thanks! :) URL: https://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Coast-Style/1025928797423012
P.P.S. Photo credits go to google images - I counldn't find the exact location of all the pictures sorry

No comments :

Post a Comment